Monday, September 5, 2016

Belgium, France and Switzerland photos 2016.

Belgium, France, Switzerland hiking in 2016 click on this link to see a video of the photos

It was an action packed summer and it is good to be home.
Some of my photos are in this video and I thought you might enjoy it.
Here is a recap, so you know what you are seeing.
June 29 I flew into Brussels, Belgium, and spent two nights nearby in Ghent, at the home of one of my Moroccan friends who married a Belgium woman. Then I flew to Bordeaux, France and spent two nights with a delightful family I met on couchsurfing.
From Bordeaux I took a train to Thiviers, for the wedding week of Baptiste, my French friend whom I met on couchsurfing.org also.

After that I flew from Bordeaux to Geneva, took a train across Switzerland to Lindau, Germany, walked around Lake Constance to Rankweil, Austria, and then across Switzerland to Geneva, 360 miles. After relaxing for a few days in the Alps, I went to Chamonix, France and hiked around Mont Blanc for 11 days before returning to Belgium. There was a new baby, Belgium and Moroccan! And the parents were visiting from Morocco, whom I met in 2006, but have not seen for a few years. I arrived in Eugene on August 30. Whew!

Met many wonderful people, ate good food and walked to my heart's content.

No comments: