Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Walking from Alhandra to Valada, Portugal.

Another beautiful day of walking through flat farmland. Thankfully there is occasional shade from the huge reeds that border the road. But otherwise I pull out my umbrella and it is like walking under a tree. It is great. The farmers harvest vast fields of tomatoes with machines, dropping a few along side the road where they are well smashed. 
I had the greatest experience in a small casa, I was the only one there and my handsome host practiced his Fado guitar, fixed me dinner and breakfast . I was the only one there. It has been two and a half days since I have met another pilgrim and that was a couple from Russia.
Walking alone all day I meet myself. It is not that boring.

First light along the Rio Tejo. On the pedestrian path.


Ponds and water flowers of some sort.


Mural of a pilgrim along the path.

Nuno, my gracious host in Casal des Areias in Valada.



No comments: